Type of service: Dynamic Simulation Study
Inprocess client: Spanish EPC working for a Middle East Petroleum Company
Country: Middle East
Inprocess delivered a Dynamic Simulation Study for a Turbo Expander/Residue Gas Compressor, for a Gas Plant Train in Middle East in order to confirm high operational safety and reliability of the system. Consequently, the project:
- Verified the Instrumented Protection System (response of the antisurge control system / adequacy of the Turboexpander protections)
- Confirmed the stable operation during start-up and shutdown with existing control scheme.
- Validated the stable Turboexpander and Residue Gas Compressor operation under minimum - maximum loadings and response to flow rate variations.
- Confirmed the stable operation during sequencing for mode switching to / from JT mode.
- Confirmed the adequacy of the overpressure protection system of the Demethaniser installed downstream of Turboexpander.