IFLOW - To link process and pipeline dynamic simulations
The Inprocess IFLOW software, which links the results from a dynamic process simulator with the ones from Schlumberger\'s dynamic pipeline simulator, OLGA, is implemented as an extension in the process simulator, and provides a rigorous insight into the dynamic interactions between the multiphase production system and the processing facilities
IFLOW uses the OLGA OPC sever to send and receive data to/from the process simulator.
IFLOW allows for flow assurance studies and other problems to be investigated:
- Production optimisation and troubleshooting sub-optimal operations where you may have complex interactions between production and processing facilities.
- Design validation for complete process and control systems including the modelling of key operational procedures including start-up, shut-down and transition between production scenarios.
- Developing slug prevention strategies and assessing control systems for mitigating the impact of produced liquid slugs.
- Assessment of the sizing and operation of separators and slug catchers.
- Safety studies including rigorous hydraulic and thermodynamic blowdown analysis of onshore and offshore facilities
The main IFLOW software characteristics can be summarized as:
- Exchanges boundary information between OLGA and process simulator models.
- Synchronizes OLGA execution based on process simulation time.
- Allows usage of process simulator controllers to control OLGA valves
- Supports the compositional tracker option to link compositions (special licence is required)
- Simulates wellhead and slug conditions in OLGA and transfers data to the process simulation case.
- Plots OLGA pipeline profiles in process simulation graphs (Hold up, Pressure, Temperature, and others)
- The process simulator and OLGA may run in different computers.