Flow Assurance Studies
By using dynamic pipeline simulation, Inprocess engineers can determine Static Hydraulic Effects in pipelines and their transient behaviour of them during upset conditions
Flow Assurance Analysis is a critical activity on field development at different project phase, from conceptual studies stages up to detailed designs.
If you are interested not only in the project’s results, but you would also like to engage in a simulation knowledge transfer, we can combine our project services with customised training that ensures exactly that: The know-how that we used when carrying out the project is shared with your engineers to ensure they will get the most value out of the developed model (see also Knowledge Improvement Program).
Flow Assurance Studies - OLGA
Inprocess develops flow assurance studies by applying the OLGA software tool to define pipeline operating procedures and control schemes in order to ensure a smooth operation during the transfer of the produced fluids, minimizing inconvenience and the unnecessary shutdown of the facilities.
OLGA Application Examples
Some application examples of our studies are:
- Transient thermohydraulics during ramp-up and ramp-down
- Optimal design for the operating envelope
- Analysis of hydrates, wax, asphaltenes, corrosion, emulsions, scale and sand for Flow Assurance
- Pigging sequence analysis
- Slug reduction, surge and control
- Process and control system design
- IFLOW is Inprocess software that connects OLGA with commercial process simulators to analyze the interaction between wells production and topsides equipment capacity and control