Yinson Production (“YP”) has awarded Inprocess the development and implementation of all the LC-OTS project phases, along the lifecycle of the Agogo FPSO (from design to operations). Agogo FPSO is an asset integrated in the Block 15/06 (West Hub area) in offshore Angola, operated by Azule Energy, which is Angola’s largest independent oil and gas producer, and a 50/50 joint venture between BP p.l.c. (“BP”) and Eni S.p.A. (“Eni”).
Agogo FPSO will be YP’s first offshore production project in Angola and marks YP’s eighth FPSO project in the West African region. Agogo FPSO will have capacity for 120,000 BOPD of oil production, 230 MMSCFD of gas production and 120,000 BWPD of produced water.
As in previous projects carried out by Inprocess, the main objective of the LC-OTS is to train control room operators on a direct-connect Operator Training Simulator (OTS), while providing larger scope during the engineering phases of the project, encompassing:
- Dynamic Simulation Studies for equipment sizing and protection.
- Operating procedures validation with an emulated Early-OTS.
- Virtual commissioning of the ICSS configuration.
- Direct-Connect OTS for control room operators training.
- Support during processing facilities start-up.
In addition to pursuing YP’s operational excellence, the major outcome of the project includes:
- Facilitating timely training to operations personnel on critical operating procedures prior to commissioning the FPSO
- Reducing the risk of major operational incidents
- Increasing plant uptime and throughput
- Providing a test bed system for engineering analysis and to test changes prior to implementation.
Moreover, YP’s personnel will also gain hands-on experience in the operation of the facility in various situations, covering:
- First-oil start-up
- Control of process systems (normal operation and load changes-feed variations)
- Preparation of process systems for shutdown (normal shutdown)
- Start-up after a recent trip or shutdown
- Control of emergencies and abnormal situations
Inprocess is a leading provider of simulation services and solutions within the Oil & Gas industry with extensive expertise in FPSO projects and it has been collaborating with Yinson Production since 2015. Inprocess has been involved in energy projects in the West Africa region since 2009 and in Angola since 2014.
The LC-OTS project has an estimated completion time of 25 months, and it has already started.